Realtors have undergone a huge shift over the last decade. Clients are purchasing homes differently these days. They usually start with market research online to get a better idea of what they’re looking for in their future house. Digital marketing is now front-and-center of a realtor’s marketing endeavors. Whether that entails new lead generation or successful sale completion, real estate as a whole is now dependent on this modern form of marketing.
Digital Marketing’s Relevance to Real Estate
Social media became a game-changer for realtors when it was first introduced, as it allowed them to get attention on the internet. Social networks allow realtors to buy ads and share photos of listings. These platforms help professionals establish their brand and improve their business overall. 84% of realtors use social networks.
This begs the question: how can real estate professionals and brokerages in the USA able to set themselves apart from one another in a market that is so saturated? When you have a strategy for digital marketing in place, it is capable of having a bigger effect than conventional marketing strategies.
Use the eight tips below and accomplish the results you want and kickstart your strategy for digital marketing:
1. Email Campaign Creation Regardless of what industry you’re in, an email campaign is priceless when it comes to interacting with leads and remaining present in the minds of existing clients.
Campaigns that are well-rounded funnel leads based on a buyer’s profile, as well as their prior interactions with you. Smart Insights claims that the average email open-rate for businesses in the real estate industry is approximately 27%.
The CTR (click-through rate) of these emails is about 3%. Having said that, the more relevant your content has to clients, the more inclined they’ll be to open your message.
2. Develop A Website That Is User-Friendly Have there been times where you visited a website but ended up leaving it because of its poor loading speed? When they are ridden with links and pictures, real estate websites can occasionally be a nightmare for web developers.
Professional web developers understand what clients are seeking, and can create responsive websites for realtors that are easy to navigate on any device. 50% of internet browsing is done on mobile devices. As such, if your site isn’t responsive, clients won’t have the ability to comfortably browse it.
The website you have should be mobile friendly and contain the content listed below. If it does, you will give clients a positive experience.
Recent Listings Should Have:
• Links to services related to moving, including moving companies, home inspectors, and real estate lawyers
• Content that guides users through the buying process
You should also think about implementing a feature for live chats on your site. The real estate industry revolves around people, and as such, it is of utmost importance to be accessible when someone has a question for you. Using live chat programs let people get in touch with you day and night. It also lets them book appointments without engaging with you directly.
3. PPC (Pay Per Click) Ads – PPC (pay per click) ads are a great strategy for real estate agents who want to generate leads using paid ads. Pay per click advertising is a worthwhile digital marketing choice for realtors looking for potential clients that have a legitimate interest in their properties.
Ads only need to be paid for when they are clicked on. For the most part, pay per click ads can focus on people who have performed queries for certain relevant keywords on search engines, including Google.
4. Valuable Content on Blogs – Responsive websites with blogs usually have a lot more content that is indexed by search engines – 434% more, on average – which helps realtors optimize their SEO (search engine optimization) endeavors. Blogs can help you enhance SEO, establish an impressive reputation on the internet, and offer clients assertive advice on selling or buying a property.
A realtor’s strategy for digital marketing is worthless without content of value, whether you share it on social media or on your site directly. Besides having a responsive website, ensure you write content on a regular basis that sellers and buyers can revisit whenever they need answers to relevant questions.
5. Virtual Tours – Successful strategies for digital marketing incorporates virtual tours, which are an invaluable source of content. Virtual tours can display videos, which produces revenue 49% quicker for marketers in comparison to sites without videos.
Virtual tours give potential clients a visual expectation of what properties can offer them. Buying a property can be challenging. As a realtor, it is your duty to simplify the buying journey for clients.
According to Andrew J. Carr, the following qualities should be included in a virtual tour:
• Use of actual footage, rather than digital illustration
• Making sure the tour video is responsive and interactive, no matter what device it is being viewed on
• Ensuring that the tour is user-friendly and three dimensional
6. A Marketing Strategy for Social Media – Posting content related to real estate on Facebook every now and then is one thing, but a comprehensive marketing strategy for social media is what will really deliver results that matter. Some useful content ideas for social media postings include the following:
• Existing or new listings
• Staff biographies (if you operate a brokerage)
• Blog posts of relevance
• Case studies
• Successful stories
Those with digital marketing experience understand how challenging it is to develop social media strategies and regularly post on various platforms. Having said that, software like Buffer can help with creation and scheduling of content on social media.
Varied content is what must be shared by real estate companies when it comes to the development of social media strategies. While it is important to share listings as an aspect of a digital marketing strategy, ensure that the content you post is beneficial for broad audiences, as opposed to leads that are searching for new homes only.
7. Webinars – Sharing what you know as a realtor is essential when it comes to digital marketing. Fortunately, online workshops and webinars simplify the process of connecting with large audiences and remaining relevant in this industry.
The webinar hosting software known as “GoToWebinar” was built to make developing webinars and hosting them a simple process. The program is user-friendly for both guests and the host. Digital marketing strategies for realtors heavily relies on inbound lead generation.
As such, putting your name out there and telling people about your expertise is crucial in order to make your campaign a success.
8. SEO- Search engine optimization (SEO) is a method of driving leads your way. When performed properly, your site – and the pages on them – all rank higher on SERPs (search engine result pages) when someone performs a relevant query.
Having said that, search engines always update the algorithms they use. That’s why it is important to keep SEO a regular part of your business duties. Keywords are an important part of SEO and make a big difference.
When choosing words to focus on, ensure they involve keywords that rank high, which should include your industry and location throughout your website, especially your blog.
Other components of a successful SEO strategy include the following:
• Meta descriptions and titles
• Online directories
• Social media accounts
Since content is so valuable to successful SEO strategies, it is imperative that your blog is regularly updated. Generally, materials that rank high on Google have a word count between 1140 and 1285.
As such, it is prudent to craft high-quality content in long-form that offers value regularly.
Improvements You Should Make to Your Digital Marketing Strategy Right Now
Buyer profile development: buyer profiles can be described as an assembly of your ideal clients, the ones you are targeting with your content. They might be existing agents or new homeowners.
Write down who you believe your target market is comprised of, what their professions are, how much they make, and other aspects that could influence their decisions.
Begin posting content of relevance: whether it is written by you or somebody else on your team, the content you share should be of high value. High-quality content establishes a positive reputation for your company and makes you look like an expert.
It will make your brokerage come across as well-informed. Your blog should be updated weekly, at the very least, and include content of value for various buyer profiles.
Perfect your SEO: ranking higher on SERPs is a lot easier than you might’ve been led to believe. Spend a handful of minutes each week reviewing industry-related and popular keywords using platforms like Google Ads. Incorporate them in everything you publish.
Educate yourself about digital marketing: in today’s marketplace, skills for digital marketing are more important than ever, especially if you want to run a successful company. By training yourself with digital marketing strategies, you’ll have the necessary skill sets to isolate yourself from your competitors.
To schedule a no-obligation no pressure call on how I can help you increase your sales through digital marketing click on the calendly link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer the best-in-class digital marketing services and technology solutions.
Every client has different goals in mind and at different stages of their business, so our approach to help reach your goals are highly customized. Our goal is to help you grow by establishing a partnership where we contribute to your business’ growth and share your success.
Through our customized solutions, our agency can help you skyrocket the ROI of your marketing campaign without having to spend tons of money or time to assemble an in-house team.
We work with small to medium size businesses in a variety of industries but primarily focus on, and have a passion for the Real Estate Industry, where we have seen incredible results.
He has worked in the Information Technology industry for over 20 years and has a full understanding of the complexity and intricacies of the digital marketing world.
He holds several Information Technology Industry Certifications (CISSP, CISA, CBCP, ITIL) and a Social Marketing Professional Certification (by Hootsuite).
Mark is also an active member of the Social Media Marketing Society, the world’s largest social media marketing resource, where the latest trends and tactics are discussed on how to best use social media to connect with customers, drive traffic, generate awareness, and increase sales.
“Digital Marketing works, you just have to do it, and be consistent…”
“There is nothing more satisfying to me than helping our partners succeeds through the services we provide…”